top of page
GERADA'S PHARMACY & CLINICS
- Eating disorders are serious health threats to children, youth and adults of both sexes. They cause disturbances in the diet pattern, by eating a small amount or a large amount of food.
- Eating disorders are mental disorders and can go unnoticed for a long period of time.
- The most common eating disorders are Anorexia Nervosa and Bulimia Nervosa.
- Both have a damaging effect on physical and mental health.
- Eating disorders, appear to be common around the age of 16 to 20 years.
- These conditions are easier to treat in early stages.
- Most people who have an eating disorder recover safely.
- If not treated early and well, eating disorders can become chronic (lifelong disease) and in rare severe cases they may lead to death.
bottom of page